Spring is officially here, which means it is the perfect time to erase all the damage winter has caused to your vehicle, both inside and out. Orinda Motors has a few tips and tricks to ensure your car gets a deep down cleaning.
- Clean out and organize all your compartments: When you are in a hurry to get in and out of your vehicle during the winter chill, you may notice debris, trash, and crumbs have accumulated in all the compartments of your car. Make sure to clean them out and to organize any other objects.
- Wipe down and wash your consoles: Your consoles and cup holders can get very dirty. We also recommend wiping down any electrical components such as your radio, but be careful not to get them wet. You can also use a slightly damp cloth to wipe down your dashboard.
- Don’t forget about your windows. During the winter, your vehicle takes a beating from the harsh elements. Using a window cleaner, clean your windows inside and out. You can shine them up with a dry towel.
- Now time for the exterior: Your vehicle, after enduring all these winter rainstorms, will need a good car wash. Don’t forget about all the grime that has accumulated in the cracks and edges of your vehicle.
- Your windshield wipers may need replacing: The team at Orinda Motors can take a look at your windshield wipers to see if a replacement is in order. As your first line of defense against the elements, a windshield wiper replacement is often necessary to preserve your safety on the roads.
- It would also be an excellent time to replace both your cabin air filter and engine air filter. Your engine air filter has the critical job of ensuring the air entering your engine is clean and free of debris. If the air turns out to be dirty, then your engine’s performance and fuel economy will be diminished. Your cabin air filter is responsible for filtering the air entering through the cabin of your car. With allergy season almost here, it would be smart to have a qualified technician take a look at both of your air filters, but especially your cabin air filter, as we wouldn’t want that pesky pollen filling your vehicle.
Your vehicle might also need a thorough inspection performed by the technicians at Orinda Motors. We will examine your car, searching for any wear or tear caused by the season. Schedule an appointment, or stop by Orinda Motors / Orinda Auto Rental / Orinda Classic Car Center at 61 & 63 Orinda Way today!