The Fourth of July is one of our favorite holidays. We get to celebrate how our country came to be and what we stand for -- independence, bravery, and freedom. Luckily for us, Orinda hosts one of the best Independence Day celebrations in the East Bay. That is why Orinda Motors has proudly been a sponsor for Orinda’s Fourth of July Parade for many years.
But if you cannot join us in Orinda for the city-wide Independence Day celebration, we are fortunate that other parts of the Bay Area is home to some spectacular fireworks. However, it can be a challenge finding the best spot to view these fireworks, especially if we are making the drive to busy San Francisco.
Here are some secret spots for viewing Fourth of July fireworks in the Bay Area:
- San Francisco Art Institute: You can watch the fireworks from the roof terrace of this institute. Beforehand, you can meander through the halls, enjoying all the Diego Rivera murals.
- Alta Plaza Park: If you have any little ones, this is the perfect place to go. This park is located atop Jackson and Steiner Streets with a grassy area, benches, a play structure, and even bathrooms. On top of the that, you will have an excellent view of the fireworks.
- Treasure Island: Located in the center of the Bay Bridge, Treasure Island is an alternative to the busy Fisherman’s Wharf. Still get there early, however, as it is going to be hectic.
- Coit Tower: You can drive to the top of the Coit Tower to see the fireworks reflected in the Bay.
- Tank Hall: Even if you couldn’t see the fireworks, you will still be blown away by the view from this location. It is the perfect spot to bring a thermos of hot chocolate and enjoy the view of the fireworks.
For many of us, our vehicles represent freedom, as with our cars, we can go virtually anywhere and do anything. The team at Orinda Motors wants to keep your vehicle performing in pristine condition, so your vehicle can continue to symbolize freedom and independence. Schedule an appointment, or stop by Orinda Motors / Orinda Auto Rental / Orinda Classic Car Center at 61 & 63 Orinda Way today! Call us at 925-254-2012!