Fog can occur at any time and anywhere, but the Bay Area is more prone to this pesky weather. And as fall progresses to winter, fog may even become more common. It becomes a serious and dangerous hazard on the roads, and our team at Orinda Motors put the safety of you, your family, and your vehicle above all else. Here are a few ways to combat the infamous fog that afflicts our area:
- It may go without saying but make sure you slow down even if you know the road like the back of your hand.
- Low-beams headlights and foglights are best for visibility.
- Four-way flashers are an excellent way for other vehicles on the road to notice you, mainly when fog affects the visibility of your car.
- If you can’t see any traffic, try listening for it. Just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not there, and fog is known to impact your vision negatively.
- Keep your driving speed in line with your vision, reaction time, and stopping distance.
- Don’t stop on the side of the road. With dense fog, other vehicles may not be able to see you. Find a safe parking area instead.
- If you are having trouble seeing, you can try using the right edge of the road as a guide.
- Whenever you are driving in fog, repeat this mantra to yourself: “slow your pace, it’s not a race.” Patience is key.
From keeping your vehicle in tip-top shape to helping you and your vehicle combat some of the natural elements, fog included, our team at Orinda Motors wants to keep you and your family safe on the roads. Schedule an appointment, or stop by Orinda Motors / Orinda Auto Rentals / Orinda Classic Car Center at 63 Orinda Way.