Happy New Year’s from the team at Orinda Motors! We wish you and your vehicle a safe, happy, and healthy New Year’s! To make sure 2020 and the next decade is as safe as can be, we think an appropriate New Year’s resolution would be to eliminate driver distractions. We are here to help make sure this resolution comes to fruition. Your vehicle and other drivers on the road will thank you!
Here are some easy ways you can eliminate driver distractions:
- Out of sight, out of mind! Put your phone away, and use it only for emergencies. No, an emergency does not include changing the song or texting your friend back. If you need to use your phone for an emergency, pull over.
- If you are feeling drowsy, don’t hesitate to pull over and take a break. If you drive drowsy, you are four times more likely to get into a crash. Thirty-seven percent of all crashes are caused by drowsy driving.
- Try to limit the number of passengers in your vehicle, if possible, especially if you are a new driver. It can be challenging to drive with other teenagers, if you have just received your driver’s license. It easy for us to become focused on our friends rather than what is in front of us.
- Try to avoid eating while driving. You may want to eat a bagel on your way to work, but one-handed driving can be a cause for concern, even with the most experienced drivers on the road.
- Above all, say no to multi-tasking. It may seem like the perfect time to call your sister back, grab a snack, or even return a text message, but when you are driving, you should focus completely on your car. Your vehicle will appreciate your smooth and gentle driving, as will the other drivers on the road.
An inspection performed by the team at Orinda Motors is another excellent way to start off the New Year on the right foot. You won’t have to worry about the condition of your vehicle while out on the road -- this way, you can eliminate another distraction. Schedule an appointment, or stop by Orinda Motors / Orinda Auto Rental / Orinda Classic Car Center at 61 & 63 Orinda Way today! Call us at 925-254-2012!