Sometimes, your vehicle will give you warning signs. When your vehicle tries to tell you something, it is best to pay attention. At first, it can be a struggle to figure out what your vehicle is saying -- it is a completely foreign language! Fortunately, the team at Orinda Motors can act as your interpreter. Here are 5 auto repair-related red flags you should not ignore:
- If your car’s temperature gauge has a constant and slow fluctuation after warming-up, this may be an indication that air is getting into your engine’s cooling system. Your temperature gauge should only ebb and flow after a few minutes of driving. Temperatures gauge can accurately report your coolant temperature, but they can not read air temperature.
- If you notice your headlights flickering at night, it may mean that your headlights are about to go dark, caused by a broken or loose headlamp mount. If the flickering occurs when you are driving on a bumpy road, it could mean that you have a broken or loose headlamp mount. If you are on smooth roads, it could mean faulty wiring or a failing alternator.
- If your vehicle is pulling to drifting to one side while driving, it could mean that you need an alignment. If your steering suddenly develops a drift, there could also be an issue with your tire pressure. In fact, the most common cause of a steering pull is an underinflated front tire.
- If your vehicle is giving you a little rumble or rough idle, this could be a red flag your vehicle needs service. It could be related to a worn spark plug or wire set.
- If your vehicle is an SUV or truck with a rear axle and you hear a droning noise, listen carefully. If the sound is coming from the rear, slow down by coasting and slowly accelerate while driving in a straight line. If the noise changes in pitch or volume, something may be amiss with your rear axle gear.
If you are experiencing any of these warning signs, contact the team at Orinda Motors right away. We will address any of these red flags and have you back on the road in a safe and secure vehicle in no time. Schedule an appointment, or stop by Orinda Motors / Orinda Auto Rental / Orinda Classic Car Center at 61 & 63 Orinda Way today! Call us at 925-254-2012!